This is where you decide it’s time to take the brakes off your career or hobby in working with precious gems!
What is the Faceting Academy?
Faceting Academy is an intense immersion training so that a totally new faceter can go from zero to competent gem cutter in just one week – OR, any beginner or intermediate-level faceter can dramatically increase their competence, efficiency, and fun with faceting in the same time.
Who is the Faceting Academy for?
The Faceting Academy is for people who are excited to cut precious gems with their own hands – to produce beautiful and valuable wearable art. The Faceting Academy is for people who are ready to believe in the possibility for themselves to have this success – by working in a program where such successes are proven, year over year.
The Faceting Academy is NOT for people with more excuses than reasons to just be successful; it is not for people who won’t follow experienced coaching; and it’s not for people looking for a get-rich scheme. Faceting is NOT a get rich scheme; it’s an esoteric art – that uses some really cool modern gadgets.
When is the Faceting Academy?
|Fri, 05/25||Travel & Setup|
|Sat, 05/26||Intro, Overview, Machines, Rough Eval|
|Sun, 05/27||Orientation; Cold Dopping; Cutting & Polishing|
|Mon, 05/28||Polishing, Eye-training, Cold Transfer|
|Tue, 05/29||Hot Dopping, Design & Geometry, Cutting & Polishing|
|Wed, 05/30||Value; Repair Work; Advanced Techniques|
|Thu, 05/31||Profitability; Photography; Sales & Marktg|
|Fri, 06/01||Field Trip to Spectrum & Juniper Ridge|
|Sat, 06/02||Juniper Ridge Opal Fee Dig
Rendezvous at Summit of Quartz Mt.
** Requires separate reservation & fee
Can I do it?
If you’re reading this, probably. If you are “mechanical” enough to drive a car, you can learn to facet. You don’t have to be good at math, and you don’t have to be a gear-head to have a great time and to be successful. The main things you need are curiosity and desire to have fun with precious stones.
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
I’ve never sent anyone home unable to cut and finish respectable gemstones nicer than most of what you find in the typical jewelry store.
NINETY PERCENT of graduates who cut their first stone at the Faceting Academy:
- Build more rough evaluation skills than many professional faceters;
- Achieve very solid dopping skills;
- Are able to select the best design for best yield and value;
- Are able to cut about any design they come across, including CAM, Barion, Meet Point, OMNI, ECED;
- Are able to do respectable repair work on the typical materials;
- Are able to talk confidently about the value and sell their stones to customers or jewelers.
100% of the graduates who came to the Faceting Academy with some experience:
- improved their speed;
- improved their confidence;
- improved their dopping;
- improved their polishing;
- improved their rough selection;
- improved their orientation and color management through design selection;
- improved their understanding of design;
- improved their photography;
- improved their repair abilities;
- improved their sales.
Hear from both beginners and experienced faceters who have attended the Faceting Academy:
What do I need to come to the Faceting Academy?
- Most important is an attitude of curiosity and the choice to work with precious gems – and the commitment to follow-through;
- You need your own equipment. We can help you acquire a Facetron or Ultra Tec machine – and at a discount. We can have the machine shipped here and waiting for you when you arrive.
- ou need the ability to sit in a chair for an hour or two at a time, and to move your arms and your head.
- You need reasonable visual acuity. If you can read the newspaper and qualify for a driver license you should be OK.
- You need to come to Klamath Falls, where you will need lodging and food during the class.
What will I LEARN at the Faceting Academy?
Faceting Academy training is HANDS-ON. You will listen, see, and then DO. You will receive fast-paced, but personalized training in the full range of important skills, from rough selection right through selling your goods and services. You will:
- Select rough – from hundreds and hundreds of rough gemstones of many different varieties.
- Plan how to cut the stones you have selected.
- Follow-through on those plans, preforming, dopping, cutting, polishing, transferring, and then photographing your finished work.
- Learn the secrets of rough selection, and the economics of that.
- Learn the secrets of design selection and application.
- Learn the secrets of value – how value is perceived – and created through artistic effort.
- Learn to repair scratched or chipped gemstones.
- Learn to photograph your stones.
- Learn to market your stones.
What will I RECEIVE at the Faceting Academy?
|WHAT YOU RECEIVE||VALUE|
|A large sampling of rough:||$+300.00|
|Exclusive Faceting Designs book, containing 200 designs – many not published anywhere else, and including many created specifically for the learning faceter:||$100.00|
|Voodoo Polishing Kit:||$100.00|
|Exclusive Faceting Handbook, containing a decade of research and knowledge and many dozens of color images:||$150.00|
|6 months’ access into the Mentoring Program:||$600.00|
|DIGITAL CAMERA, Software, and
Gemstone Photography Class
(check out these photos):
|Exclusive Faceting Business manual, containing the secrets of installation of value and presentation; and even copies of the memo and consignment agreements I use with jewelers. The seminar on this material separately:||$1,200.00|
|60+ hours of hands-on training @ $300/hr:||$18,000.00|
|Your actual investment:||$2399.00|
I’m excited about learning to cut precious gems
How can I get in?
|Single investment of only $2399
The Faceting Academy is a BYO equipment event, so you will need a faceting machine, as well as the equipment described in this document in order to participate.
Review the terms and conditions of participating in the Faceting Academy.
Travel & Accommodations Details will be e-mailed upon registration.